 Administrative / General / 5792
Re: Strategic Rating (Was: Re: Next and Prev buttons or links)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 01:29:30 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Richard Franks writes:
Looking at the ratings for your post, it's got a 100 and a 0, maybe it isn't
worth 100, but is it really worth a 0? Or is the person rating it a 0 trying
to influence the overall rating rather than give their true opinion? Maybe • it
doesn't matter in the scheme of things, but I'm getting bored of this
strategic rating.

To me it's like saying, "My opinion is worth more than yours, so I'm going • to
lie just to block out your opinion". I find it rather obnoxious!

I gave it a 0.  That's my honest opinion of it, in relation to the articles
around it.

OK. I still think Richard's on to something with "strategic rating" though.

Why did I repost? I wouldn't have reposted it if I hadn't thought it had
dropped into a black hole. If I had waited 2 months to repost I may well have
forgotten. (I don't keep a list of what UI changes maybe need to happen,
that's not my job)

If you'd said "hmm..." I would not have reposted. But it was a "plunk" with no
response. Just like 1/2 my mail to you, seems like. You have a pending factor
request I haven't heard back on, for example...

++Lar

++Lar