 Administrative / General / 1979
Re: markup syntax for member pages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 01:13:21 GMT

Here are a few details on LUGNET member pages...  Nothing in just stone yet,
but that's why this is being posted.  Looking for opinions on how useful
this sounds to you...

--

Member pages on LUGNET will initially be text-based.  Someday if we ever
have a herd of servers and infinite bandwidth and a room full of lawyers,

The jist of LUGNET member pages:  Encapsulate the following voluntarily
contributed information in a more permanent venue than news:

  - personal info/bios
  - stories/creative writing
  - rants/spews
  - lists of sites, with or without commentary
  - organized or unorganized hyperlinked information
  - want lists/trade lists/etc.
  - etc.

I was messing around last week with a personal page based on the LUGNET layout.
Basically, it had the same information in the to (dark-blue) area, LUGNET logo
in the left of the light-blue, links to my favorite LUGNET newsgroups in the
middle, and my personal minifig representation (via
http://www.baseplate.com/toys/minifig/) on the right.  The pale yellow section
could either contain favorite links and auction/trade notices, with the section
to the right of that (currently message briefs) being information about me, or
anything else.  Hopefully this would all tie in with the comunity map (an idea
that I'm *really* keen on), displaying my address at the top, and links to my
neighbor's pages.  Maybe even a LEGO mailbox outfront, so you can send me some
mail (or a $100 tile.  No dynamite please).