 Administrative / General / 2129
Re: markup syntax for member pages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 1999 08:41:54 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote in message ...
LOL!!!

We aim to amuse.

OK, I shouldn't've crossposted to .off-topic.geek without giving a link

Hmm. Makes a little more sense now.

"Confused" people really won't need to use anything other than just plain
paragraph-based text.  For them, boldface and italics will be an advanced
feature.

The trouble is that they will still ask how the "elite" people get their
special powers to do formatting, and whine when their malformed efforts
don't work. That's what I meant by drowning out the ones who can learn.

But regardless, please don't mix meta types. Either use positional notation,
or tags, but don't have both. The idea of a tag language with COBOL style
comments is not a happy one in my mind.

I'm still in favour of a subset of the basic HTML tags. They're easy to
parse, easy to restrict, and <B>easy to learn</B>. Oh, and easy to read.

Moz