 Administrative / General / 2105
Re: markup syntax for member pages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 07:35:03 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
[...]
If you were to write this in HTML:

   Hi, my name is Ed Boxer and I <I>really</I> love <B>Opera</B>,
   <B>LEGO&reg;</B>, and <B>Boxing</B>!

then in this other markup language, you'd have to write it like this:

   Hi, my name is Ed Boxer and I
   i really
   love
   b Opera
   ,
   b LEGO®
   , and
   b Boxing
   !

(although I'm not 100% positive that it actually lets you change formatting
right in the middle of a sentence like that).  Anyway, that's how bad it is!
[...]

OK Ed, I just quickly went back to my History file in my web browser and
checked the original source...it does indeed let you change formatting right
in the middle of a sentence like that -- although it will not properly abut
the comma against the bolded words.

Here are the docs straight from the horse's mouth:

   http://webcrossing.com/Images/edithelp.htm

--Todd

(p.s.  For anyone jumping into the middle of this thread -- the above is
*not* being considered for LUGNET member-pages...  The above is simply an
example of one of hundreds if not thousands of text-markup schemes which
have been devised over the past few decades.)