 Administrative / General / 13991
Re: Change in LUGNET news appearance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 16 Dec 2007 21:59:19 GMT

Hi all,

I think I did a fair bit about reducing the “scrolling activity” impact for those among you who frequently browse the news pages without signing in first.

Apparently, the rearrangement does not negatively affect the conversion rates, however the significant information is more prominent again.

If there are no objections, I will leave things running over the holidays and leave further optimization for later. I have received requests about individual sponsored ads for specific newsgroups. While this will require some additional coding, I think it would be worthwhile considering - so if you are interested (or know someone who might be), please drop me a line.

Regards,

Jerry