 Administrative / General / 13975
Re: Change in LUGNET news appearance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2007 12:13:25 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Gereon Stein wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, Gabriele Biffi wrote:
I _am_ a registered user :-)

I am logged in right now, but it stills asks the same things. From your words I
understand this is not what should happen...

You are absolutely right - you should not be seeing the alert message and you
should not have to authenticate posts or even enter your name and email address
with every new post.

This is my situation:

1 - I sign in with the "Sign in" button (and select "keep me logged in until I
sign out manually")
2 - I click on "new post" (or "reply")
3 - It asks if I read the terms of use and if I have filled the news-posting
setup (I did that long before registering as a member), and I click yes
4 - The form asks me the user name, the email, organization, and the acceptance
of the therms of use
5 - I have to fill with my user name, my _old_ email address (the one you see in
the header of this message), and check the terms of use thing. If I don't, I get
the usual error messages when I click "preview", even if I use the email address
of my profile
6 - When I click Post, it says "your message has been accpeted and will be
appearing soon". No request to authenticate it. If I do this without signing in,
it tells me to check my email and authenticate my message, like I did before
registering, but I can't get that email because I no longer have that address

It is possible that your browser has the wrong cookie settings in place. Please
make sure your browser accepts cookies and try to sign in again.

Clearing the cookies doesn't help :-(

Maybe something has gone wrong when I registered? I used the same user name I
used to use (argh) when I was not registered, but a different email address.

Are you using the Sign-In page to log in? Do you see a "Sign In" or a "Sign Out"
key in the top right corner of the page when posting?

Sign out. Moreover, I don't see the new ads after I sign in.

Thank you,

Gabriele