 Administrative / General / 13986
Re: Change in LUGNET news appearance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 15 Dec 2007 09:20:54 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Luca Giannitti wrote:
The ads in the LUGNET Guide pages are ok, they aren't annoying, it's a good
thing. In the newsgroup pages, instead, I would suggest you to change the ad box
with a banner in order to limit the scrolling. Even if LUGNET member, I wouldn't
log in every time just for read the forums (for security reasons I don't allow
any cookies or temporary internet files). This is just a suggestion.

Luca

Hi Luca,

I have received the same suggestion from other users as well - I will make the
box above the "Active threads" display somewhat smaller to reduce scrolling.

Where there are no active threads to display, a vertical banner is inserted. In
those cases, scrolling will not be an issue anyway, I guess.

I am testing everything in parallel using other browsers, so if you encounter
something that irritates you, please let me know your browser version and
operating system. Although I do most of the development on a Mac, I still have
Windows, Solaris, Linux and all major browser versions around.

Thanks,

Jerry