 Administrative / General / 13971
Re: Change in LUGNET news appearance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2007 23:49:08 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Gabriele Biffi wrote:
I _am_ a registered user :-)

I am logged in right now, but it stills asks the same things. From your words I
understand this is not what should happen...

You are absolutely right - you should not be seeing the alert message and you
should not have to authenticate posts or even enter your name and email address
with every new post.

It is possible that your browser has the wrong cookie settings in place. Please
make sure your browser accepts cookies and try to sign in again.

Maybe something has gone wrong when I registered? I used the same user name I
used to use (argh) when I was not registered, but a different email address.

Are you using the Sign-In page to log in? Do you see a "Sign In" or a "Sign Out"
key in the top right corner of the page when posting?

If you get a "Sign In" in top right, this will clearly mean you are not
correctly logged in. If this continues, please drop me an email and we'll see to
sort this out together. We could even set up an instant messaging connection in
order to do so (assuming you have some sort of AIM, iChat or something similar
available).

Regards,

Jerry