 Administrative / General / 13984
Re: Change in LUGNET news appearance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2007 12:01:55 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Gereon Stein wrote:
Since I'm getting mostly positive feedback so far...

I have now also included ads code in the LUGNET Guide pages. This code is also
dependant on the Signed-In status, i.e. signed in users will not see the ads.

Please keep me updated with issues or suggestions for improvements.

The ads in the LUGNET Guide pages are ok, they aren't annoying, it's a good
thing. In the newsgroup pages, instead, I would suggest you to change the ad box
with a banner in order to limit the scrolling. Even if LUGNET member, I wouldn't
log in every time just for read the forums (for security reasons I don't allow
any cookies or temporary internet files). This is just a suggestion.

Luca