 Administrative / General / 13968
Re: Change in LUGNET news appearance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2007 21:26:50 GMT

Hi Gabriele,

let me see if I'm getting you correctly: You would like to skip the "Make
yourself familiar..." blurb and have your personal info filled in automatically
when posting. This is exactly what posting as a registered user is all about (in
that case, you don't see the alert and you don't have to fill in your details
every time).

We could take the info you enter upon posting and store them in a way that they
could be reused. That will not work as persistently as tracking the login status
of registered users, though. You would still have to enter your data eventually.

If you post frequently, I'd just suggest you sign up as a registered user, which
will also spare you from the ads on the pages. You will also avoid having to
authenticate every single post, as posts by signed-in users are authenticated
automatically.

Please let me know your ideas - I would of course like to improve LUGNET
wherever possible.

Regards,

Jerry