 Administrative / General / 12939
Re: Context: LUGNET is not a democracy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 30 Apr 2005 19:07:55 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Tom Duggan wrote:
I have been around LUGNET since the beginning. I don't really post much,

Hello,

I don't post much neither and been here a long time (#98)!
But HUMMMM what a debate!!!!

I would like to interject my point of vew about people and LUGNET.
When I became a member and made a $100 contribution for LUGNET, it was because
it was a very family friendly Website with TONS of valuable informations about
LEGO and I met great people over the years. I even went once at Brickfest.

What is going on in people's mind? Why so much hatered between AFOLs???
LUGNET *IS* for AFOL and if some people feel to dump their frustrations on
other, PLEASE, leave LUGNET and go play PAINTBALL with each other.
This community will greatly benefit from it.
We are all here for the love of LEGO and that why we call each others AFOL.
There is NO need for swearing at each other. there is enough of that around the
world. If we want peace, each and everyone of us HAS to be responsible for our
emotions and actions!

I realize that we are all different and so be it. I realize also that we have
opinions which can be different from others. Do you like to be able to think
anything you want about anyone?? Yes, of course, but let evryone else have the
same freedom toward yourself!

I wish that frustrated members go on therapy, or even better LEGOtherapy and be
more compassionnate toward all other members. You can have opinions, but NO ONE
has the truth! You can like or not what other do but, in no circompstenses that
make them right or wrong. It just a matter of opinion.

Please, have more respect toward each other!
Please, be responsible and not post hatered or swear message
Please, be like you want others to be with you!
PLEASE, keep in mind that it is LEGO user group network and not a battlefield.

I'm not a preacher or into religion, but I'm someone who believe in people's
goodness and solidarity. Jalousy or envy can't be of pourpose. We have to show
exemple for younger generations. Please let's all start in a good way. We all
dream of a better world, and we can do it!

Leg Godt,

Jean-Marc

I don't think I've posted in over a year. But I do have an opinion on this
subject..and here it is (probably ban worthy...but who cares, all the infighting
here makes it a great place to read, but posting is difficult, since I would
have to "be nice" to the people here that piss me off)

I have had a few run ins with Larry on the NELUG mailing list, and have had
discussions with others who have had run ins with him as well, and we have come
to this conclusion...Larry is an ass, will always be an ass...and for some
strange reason, I think he REALLY enjoys being an ass.
I always hear how he's different in real life, how much he brings to the
community, how he is misunderstood online..blah..blah..blah
Let's put it all on the table and call a spade a spade..Larry looks at himself
as the King of all things LEGO, thinks the community revolves around his
opinion, and believes that LUGNET would collapse unless he is here to save it.
Why else would he be a member of any LTC or LUG that will let him? Why else
does he have the highest post count on any forum he belongs to? What's he a
member of EVERY LEGO forum out there?
I swear he must have a family of migrant workers in his employ just to read his
e-mails.
I have never met anyone who enjoys giving his opinion on any subject...no matter
what it might be, 99% of the time without being asked his opinion.
Putting Larry on the LUGNET admin team...hell any admin team is like putting
Bill Clinton in charge of a secretary convention...it's just not a good idea!
They say power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely....well, we have
seen the trouble with the little power that he has been given, and I have a
feeling that in a few years, if things keep going the way they are, we will be
posting on LARNET rather then LUGNET!
Is this a personal attack on Larry?  You bet it is...but it is my opinion, and I
am sticking to it! And that's the problem here at LUGNET...anyone who has an
opinion,that someone else doesn't like is usually "asked" to change it...and by
asked I mean "threatened". But like I said...I have nothing to lose, since I
hardly post here, and I will not request this be deleted no matter how much I am
"asked"

Tom D