 Administrative / General / 12838
Re: Context: LUGNET is not a democracy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 25 Apr 2005 03:23:28 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Ross Crawford wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, Kelly McKiernan wrote:
The language regarding unanimous admin
consensus to remove another admin is a safety valve more than anything else,

I would be interested to hear the rationale behind that statement, specifically
why it is more of a safety valve than majority decision. The reason I ask is
that I, as a non-admin, see it as *removing* a safety valve.

The admin team has worked on a consensus basis, and the theory (OK, my theory)
was that if a fellow admin was problematic enough to need to be removed, they
would be the ones that would need to agree about it. A majority vote system
might be good for larger groups, but such a small group should be expected to
come to consensus on this. I termed it a safety valve because there needs to be
at least one additional check in place in addition to the site owners.

To answer the inevitable question of "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" I would say
"the site owners".

Kelly McKiernan
LUGNET Administrator