 Administrative / General / 12926
Re: Context: LUGNET is not a democracy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 26 Apr 2005 21:52:06 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, John Butler wrote:
I can't imagine that an 8 year old would pay any attention at all to this
discussion.  The only people who care about this are the adults acting like
children, not children themselves.  I can't for the life of me understand why
people having a discussion (even if it is a bit testy and at times rude) on a
forum is a bad thing.  I might be totally wrong but I thought that forums were
places where people could discuss things, even unpleasant things.  If you don't
like these discussions don't read them.  I am sure an 8 year old is smart enough
to figure that out, why should we censor discussions for their theoretical
benefit.  I don't want to take sides here, since I am a relatively new member,
but I do support both sides right to debate.
     I come to lugnet to see fabulous new MOC's but I also sometimes enjoy
reading about all the personal problems that you guys have :)  My advice (which
I am sure you all don't need) is to say your sorry, take a deep breath and build
with some legos.  After you have done that if you still want to argue go right
ahead, these petty disagreements can be awfully entertaining.

Jake

Jake,

  I'm happy to say that this has happened to a large degree already.  Thanks for
the input.

Kevin