 Administrative / General / 12384
Re: wish's - Contest canceled
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 22:12:21 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Frank Filz wrote:
David Koudys wrote:
If you're not having fun, get out.  Take a break.  If you are so
close to the edge where you state, "WHy do I even bother!  I've got
better things to do with my time", you are, in fact, stating that you
need to step away.

And that's what some of us are considering. What we are doing however, by
pointing out that we are close to the edge is that people are making Lugnet
unfun to run. If all the admins decide it's unfun, then Lugnet goes away.

I hope everyone will take a moment and think about that.

Think about the precedent set by having a contest to try and drive an admin
away.

Think about it hard.

With due respect, what recourse do we have if an admin is found to be grossly
unsatisfactory in some way?  I'm not saying that any of them are, but what if it
should occur?  Does the average LUGNET member just sit around waiting for that
admin to leave?

Or is a private email the preferred means of communication?  If so, what happens
after that?  Is there an actual provision for removing an admin?  What would
constitute sufficient grounds for doing so?  And if the admin *isn't* removed,
does the LUGNET member just have to grin and bear it?

In any case, I agree that a drive-away-so-and-so-contest isn't the most
productive course of action.

This may be explicitly addressed somewhere in LUGNET policy, but I didn't know
where to look.

Thanks.

Dave!