 Administrative / Search Results: suggest
 Results 281 – 300 of 403.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: posting privileges to 1000steine-members revoked!?

(...) I can see how there might be some confusion about this. Remember we do not censor posts. Nor do we control who can or cannot highlight (evince the fact that your post that I am replying to seems to have, at a time that people say they want (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: CFV: Jonathan Wilson's posting privileges on LUGNET, REV 1.1

(...) Yea, Jeremy, that sums things up pretty well. Pure totalitarian, authoritarian, dictatorial, or despotic architectures certainly may happen to work out in the long run for communities like this, but that's not the plan here. Neither of course (...) (25 years ago, 24-Aug-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Rebirth of Cool LEGO Site of the Week

Yes, let's bring it back!!! It was one of the original reasons I began surfing LUGNET. I agree with most of Bruce's suggestions (below) with embellishments noted. (...) This is a great idea. Perhaps CLSotW could go to monthly, or every third or (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jul-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Change in LUGNET news appearance

Hi Gabriele, let me see if I'm getting you correctly: You would like to skip the "Make yourself familiar..." blurb and have your personal info filled in automatically when posting. This is exactly what posting as a registered user is all about (in (...) (17 years ago, 13-Dec-07, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Lugnet.robotics and the Robotics List

Matthew Miller wrote in message ... (...) This is a possibility that would provide at least one group with a semi-guaranteed semblance of order, but it does not address the problem still existing on the mail list, and thus the proposed (...) (26 years ago, 16-Dec-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Help: Re: review: LEGO '99

(...) Actually it wouldn't matter too much if false matches were made, as the context would be enough for people to recognize that this is a real set number. The idea is to just provide a quick link to the database so that people can see a set if (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Enough already

Mike Stanley wrote: <snip> (...) Yeah, I think we got y'all's point. But I think the real point is: legalities aside, TLC didn't want that material distributed around. Just because one is *able* to get something on this side of a firewall doesn't (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: I resign from the LPRV committee

(...) Well, as far as I could tell, the LPRV pretty much just had the privilage to see the document before it went into effect. And, I'm not opposed to that, really. I mean, I fully recognize and support the desire to strengthen a document before (...) (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Newserver Help (!)

Appologies if this is the wrong forum, but I'm running short of options. I am currently subscribed to a number of lugnet newsgroups via email. However, with my current travel schedule for work, I cannot keep up. Having to swim through the excess (...) (22 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: "Some pigs are more equal than other pigs"

(...) I want to perform an experiment here to determine if this stance on revealing of personal information is reasonable. 1. Is it reasonable to say that Todd Lehman's being an AFOL is personal information? 2. Todd certainly has communicated that (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Lugnet should be MORE draconian

(...) I second that, Jason. Lugnet is one of the last forums on the 'net where admins don't moderate posts directly. Fortunately, direct editing hasn't been needed often. But in some cases, it was needed. Ofcourse, asking the poster to do it himself (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: May-June 2000 Mania Magazine + World Club Mag

(...) Suprisingly (to me) identical even down to the page number! (style, font, everything). That ish carries the same page-numbering style all the way through. (...) Nope - just checked through it a second time and saw no other mention of LUGNET in (...) (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Uselessness of .debate

(...) I think there is some overflow from .debate into other groups. I can't absolutely put my finger on it (in part because I realize that in part the Larry vs. Scott shouting match may have started outside of .debate, but I certainly see linkage (...) (24 years ago, 19-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: "Yisra`el" vs. "Israel"

(...) Yeah, that's what he meant :P (...) It's not that it's incorrect. That _is_ how Israelis say the name of the country - in Hebrew. However, we never write it like that in English. The common and acceptable English spelling is Israel. This is (...) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.loc.il)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Lego for sale

(...) Hmm - placing it is a tricky issue. I don't think it needs separate auction/shopping/buy-sell-trade divisions, but if you put it as a sub-division of the existing auction/shopping/buy-sell-trade groups then that's what it would be - split. The (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.nntp)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Language Choices and LUGNET

(...) I'm glad you said that, because its true, and an uncomfortable fact. I was trying to find a way of saying it myself, but couldn't figure it out. Here are some thoughts on how to minimise the "bad fun" effect. Maybe I am lazy, but I'm more (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Set Links (was Re: Help: Re: review: LEGO '99)

(...) URLs that point to non-existant sites are still displayed as links, though. If a number is indicated by someone to be a set number using whatever syntax, but there is no such set (or at least not yet) I think that it should still be a link. (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Rebirth of Cool LEGO Site of the Week

Some thoughts about CLSotW: * The rate of new LEGO sites coming online is quite a bit slower than one per week, I believe. As a result, you will soon find that there aren't enough new sites to prevent having to award the prize to an old site. I (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jul-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Brickbay subgroup again

Any progress on a decision about lugnet.market.brickshops? I noticed that recently a few experienced members have advertised their shops in lugnet.market.shopping. The shopping subgroup doesn't specifically exclude this. I have gotten used to the (...) (23 years ago, 13-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

  Re: Sidebar Updates?

(...) I think he is! ... with a little help from the readership of course. He *is* the curator of .build.military after all. :-) I just scoped out what changes he did already and they look good. Stylistically we chose different highlighting and so (...) (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.admin.curators)

suggest
(score: 1.000)

More:  Next Page >>