 Administrative / General / 6685
Re: May-June 2000 Mania Magazine + World Club Mag
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2000 23:57:46 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Richard Franks writes:
[...]
I dunno if this has been already posted, but the same comic is in the
current issue of the LEGO World Club magazine - I recieved mine this
morning.

Whoa, that's interesting to say the least.

So is it basically the same page?  (Like, if you held the two side-by-side,
would they look basically the same except for U.S. letter vs. DIN A4 paper
size differences?)

Suprisingly (to me) identical even down to the page number! (style, font,
everything). That ish carries the same page-numbering style all the way
through.

Is there a scan up anywhere of this page in the LEGO World Club magazine?
Does the LEGO World Club magazine also lack advice to its audience regarding
the nature of the "LUGNET" trademark and brand?

Nope - just checked through it a second time and saw no other mention of LUGNET
in the magazine.

There isn't a scan AFAIK, but I got a few close ups of the logo with my cheap
webcam:
  http://lightning.prohosting.com/~spontif/temp/luglogotm.jpg
  http://lightning.prohosting.com/~spontif/temp/lugtexttm.jpg

I don't know if they can prove/disprove the existance of the (TM) symbols (bad
quality cam, weird close-up focus effects etc).

Was the logo ever available without the (TM) symbols, or would the lack of (TM)
symbols suggest that they had been purposely removed?

How many countries distribute LEGO World Club magazine?  Is it a UK-only or
EU-only thing or a non-US thing?

I had a feeling it covers the EU (with translation-changes), but nothing more
than that, which is why I didn't mention it :)

Richard