 Administrative / General / 6652
Re: May-June 2000 Mania Magazine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2000 02:51:42 GMT

Thanks for the scour & add'l info.

Soon as I pressed fire, I found another one... page 14 has the Lucasfilm
standard disclaimer/assertion. ((C) Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All Star Wars • elements
are... <you know the rest>)

The main point is I don't think there is any statement about Lugnet(tm) in
there anywhere, just the "screenshot", Any such statemnet ought to be no
further than the end of the 3 pages of maniac adventures, not buried on some
random page if everything else is with its topic, and I scoured that part
pretty hard. But I miss stuff all the time, I'm not good at spotting stuff so
who can say.

I guess you just need to get as big as MLS or Lucasfilm. :-( Wonder how D&K
feel about theirs being ignored?)

++Lar

Pardon me, but do you think the sloppiness has to do with the mag being
targeted at children?  Perhaps the LEGO execs in "The Department Dealing With
This Sort Of Thing" did not really have anymore than a browsing/passing
working knowledge of Lugnet(TM).  If so, this is the best opportunity for Todd
to make himself an "Entity" with whom they should be aquainted.  They, after
all do not pay for all the free addvertising that goes on here or when I tell
kids and parents about www.lugnet.com.
Whatever support you need, just ask it of us "little people",
Aaron