 Administrative / General / 6644
Re: May-June 2000 Mania Magazine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 14 May 2000 06:57:02 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Hi again Thomas, I have another question if you don't mind.  I don't have
an actual copy of this in front of me yet and the close-up scan is still a
bit blurry on the details, but perhaps you could see on your original:

I have an original copy of the mag, and I guess I'm butting in.... It's a
cartoon of a computer screen. I think they scanned the logo, the resolution is
better than the rest of the screen which just has lines of text hinted at by
the use of straight lines...

No TM symbol is visible in my printing although if I strained really really
hard I could imagine that there is a slight greying of the light blue
background where one ought to be. I'd just be imagining though.

Too bad, it's a neat plug, but ultimately doesn't help build traffic since no
URL is given, and it dilutes the brand since no TM is present.

++Lar

No problem about butting in Lar, I had to go out for a bit and I know Todd's
curiosity is up.

I couldn't find any TM either in the whole mag.

I agree it's a neat plug but they sure could of went about it a better way.

Could it be someone there who reads LUGNET "slipped" it in to try to help?
Figuring it was small enough to make it through?  I can't see corp.levels doing
this, I'm sure they would have contacted Todd & Suz before hand.

Tom