 Administrative / General / 6645
Re: May-June 2000 Mania Magazine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 14 May 2000 13:12:10 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Matthew Miller writes:

I think that someone thought (perhaps a
bit misguidedly, but honestly I don't think *too* misguidedly) that they
were doing something cool -- something that we (including Todd and Suzanne)
would all appreciate.

I am in complete agreement with Matt here.  I think that someone at some level
thought they were doing something cool- whether the artist threw it in on his
own, or he drew in a computer and someone inserted the screenshot, or an editor
specifically asked he include it, etc- a bit of an "inside reference".  I think
it still represents a huge leap forward in prominence for Lugnet in general.

I do share the disappointment at the lack of an inclusion of the lugnet URL,
though.  That would have been even better- but perhaps that is a bit more of an
endorsement than TLC is comfortable with at this juncture?

At any rate, I think (not that my opinion was asked for) that it should be
treated as a "hey, this is really cool of you to have done, but next time
please..." situation.  Maybe if they feel guilty enough, they might even have a
"What was the Lego Maniac reading?" sidebar in the next issue, with the URl
published!  More flies with honey and all that.

eric