 Administrative / General / 6647
Re: May-June 2000 Mania Magazine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 14 May 2000 16:28:02 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Thomas P. Rafert writes:
Could it be someone there who reads LUGNET "slipped" it in to try to help?
Figuring it was small enough to make it through?  I can't see corp.levels
doing this, I'm sure they would have contacted Todd & Suz before hand.

I don't see how this could "help" at all.  To someone who has no idea of what
LUGNET is (I forget - does the page even show the word LUGNET or just the
logo?) this is just a neat picture.  No URL, no TM, no nothing.  So for people
who have never seen LUGNET.com it would be useless.

Now for us, it LOOKS cool, in a way, and maybe some people would think "oh
cool, TLC is finally beginning to recognize is - aren't they great!"  But the
reality is they used a trademark without permission and without giving credit
to its owner, while at the same time doing nothing to point new people here.

So really, I don't see what they did as helping at all.  In fact, one could
just as easily argue that what they did was throw Todd & Suz and us a picture
of a bone that, on first glance, might look promising, but upon further
investigation turns out to be worthless.