 Administrative / General / 6643
Re: WHERE should trademarks be asserted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 14 May 2000 03:59:55 GMT

I think this came up before, but it may bear reexamination in the light of
recent events.

Tood, you may want to consider changing the "home" icon that appears on the • top
of most every page to include a TM. The "impossible build" logo is part of • your
trade dress and merits protection everywhere, perhaps, instead of just on the
splash page.

I also just looked at the home page, and noticed that the TM in the logo is
almost too small to make out on my display (and the TM in the sample Lugnet
button at the bottom is definitely too small to make out). The TM in the fine
print is almost too small to be seen clearly, but is probably ok as it should
be pretty clear from context that that superscript which looks awfully much
like TM is in fact TM, and not the TH which it almost looks more like ignoring
context.

Of course IANAL, but I think legalese which is more easily understood by the
common person is more effective than that which simply meets the technical
requirements.

Frank