 Administrative / General / 6642
6641  |  6643
Subject:
WHERE should trademarks be asserted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 14 May 2000 03:49:22 GMT

I think this came up before, but it may bear reexamination in the light of
recent events.

Tood, you may want to consider changing the "home" icon that appears on the top
of most every page to include a TM. The "impossible build" logo is part of your
trade dress and merits protection everywhere, perhaps, instead of just on the
splash page.

Not everyone enters via the splash page. For instance, the POS terminals at the
VA outlet store have various lists within the pause dataset listing bookmarked
so clerks can look stuff up, rather than having the splash page up all the
time. Customers don't see that, usually, unless they're nosy like I was. But if
they did, they would see your trade dress without any TM.

++Lar