 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 81 – 100 of about 2200.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: line breaks in my messages, why does this happen ?

[reposted with corrections] (...) Is that a delcarative or interrogative statement? :-) No, the client (web browser) is doing the line breaking. The WRAP=HARD attribute of <TEXTAREA> asks the web browser client to wrap the user's text at the COLS=n (...) (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish)

internet, mail
(score: 2.646)

  Re: DYA announcements in lugnet.shopping

(...) Emmanuel's posts are great--they provide timely information about some good (and sometimes *great*) deals. The community is enhanced by having these posts. I would rather the current situation (Emmanuel posting to .shopping) continue, than (...) (25 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail, service
(score: 2.633)

  Re: location of NQC group?

(...) Safest thing is a multi-step process: 1. Announce that a new group/list lugnet.robotics.nqc will soon be replacing lugnet.robotics.nqc (i.e., a "heads-up"). 2. [A day or so later] Create lugnet.robotics.nqc and associated web areas and mailing (...) (24 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

mail, service
(score: 2.627)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) But, they are different than most. Their work life and home life (assuming they are AFOLs) coincide. I guess I've been on the other side. In the last two jobs I've had, one of my employeement conditions was that I not use my work e-mail in (...) (24 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.nntp)

internet, mail
(score: 2.603)

  Now subscribe with Reply-To group or poster

Dear LUGNET News-by-Mail subscribers, I'm pleased to announce a new mail subscription feature... When you subscribe to a group by mail, you can now select whether you want to receive messages with replies directed to (a) just the poster/sender, or (...) (23 years ago, 21-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.announce)

internet, mail
(score: 2.597)

  Re: Pruning not good for the trees

(...) This may be a dead horse, but I'm just reading this thread now. I think part of the muddiness is that Larry is talking from the side of how the law will be applied. A word can have a very different meaning in court than in Webster's (or (...) (24 years ago, 5-Sep-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail, service
(score: 2.584)

  Re: E-mail authentication during posting

Hello Todd, hello everybody, I can understand your rationale behind authentication, but find it annoying to frequently have to use a web interface for authentication. Therefore, this posting concentrates on implementation details, which could (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

internet, mail
(score: 2.577)

  Re: Email Authentication - Why not make it optional?

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> skrev i meddelandet news:GF7qJ4.6BM@lugnet.com... (...) a (...) Perhaps the (logged in) ones using the web interface should keep quite a while, to give the mail and NNTP (and slow modems in general) users (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.general)

internet, mail
(score: 2.576)

  Re: Not getting e-mail from Lugnet?

(...) I have recently received at least one message from around 3:30 Comparing the Web Interface to the email one, It does seem like at least some of the New messages are getting through. ( I can't tell for sure because I can't remember which groups (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail, service
(score: 2.573)

  Todd! Admin and owner

*Well, maybe I do not have the knowledge to speak/write in the language oher than my own, but hey, I'm here to learn* Todd! I think that the service you provide us/me is more than I/we could ever have been asking for. I think that the service you (...) (24 years ago, 21-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail, service
(score: 2.571)

  Re: 6769 Fort Legoredo on sale at Shop At Home!!

Please read the group discussions before you post such rudely written posts. Note Buy-Sale-Trade; "Community trading post, items wanted, items for straight sale (no auctions), experiences, market analysis, etc." With the emphasis on community (or (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail, service
(score: 2.537)

  Re: 6769 Fort Legoredo on sale at Shop At Home!!

(...) For us AFOLs, it was an incredibly nice thing to do. And for LD, it's a nice way to gather a data point on our buying power. It's a win-win. But... (...) Actually, it doesn't really belong in the main .announce group -- it was an unsolicited (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail, service
(score: 2.536)

  DNS outage, service restored

My apologies to everyone who was unable to reach the server for the better part of the past day. I had thought the lugnet.com domain had been renewed through 2005, but it actually was up for renewal this year, with expiry on January 18. (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce) !!

internet, service
(score: 2.533)

  My Point Of View !!!

(...) Yes, the latest LEGO train posting might have been a marketing post, but it's been an extremely interesting one! I have never seen an uninteresting posting from any LD employee so far. And even it would be pure marketing, I'd still rather (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail, service
(score: 2.527)

  Re: "MOC" Blacksmith Shop on lego.com

(...) No, it's actually quite clear. As in the example above. ("I" am saying that YOU wrote the stuff that is marked with ">" symbols and YOU are saying that TOM wrote the stuff that is marked with ">>" symbols.) PLEASE DO NOT manually "correct" (...) (23 years ago, 28-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.nntp)

internet, mail
(score: 2.516)

  Re: What happened to the Cool site of the Week?

In lugnet.general, Matt Hein writes: [...] (...) [...] The accurate answer to your question is this: As some of you know, Todd Lehman, who's project CLSOTW was, lost enthusiasm for working with the AFOL community about a year ago. He continued to (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general) !

internet, mail
(score: 2.494)

  Re: NEW Featured Item at the Yellow Castle Marketplace (week of Oct 8)

OK, I admit it. I'm a compartmentalized dork. I would prefer messages like this (see below) to appear in one group. Yet, reading the charters for all three groups, there's nothing that directs Ben to choose one group over the other two, so he posts (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail, service
(score: 2.466)

  posting question

Hi all, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I had a question about posting through Internet Explorer. When I first started posting to Lugnet, each time I posted I was asked "Have you received permission? etc" and I had to fill (...) (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

internet, mail
(score: 2.441)

  Re: While we're on a kick of appropriate posting...

(...) Not true...I've only used Brickbay once (a very good experience, I've just not needed anything else)...I never go there normally. I happen to think that the issue is important to the community in general (no pun intended), so I added .general (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail, service
(score: 2.434)

  "Idiot Screensaver to see" and possible email spoofing

Hi all, I just got an internet connection (however sporadic) back after not having one outside my departmental lab terminals for a month, and Richard Parsons popped me an email after someone sent him the possible virus attachment named in the (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

internet, mail
(score: 2.433)

More:  Next Page >>