 Administrative / General / 10110
Re: While we're on a kick of appropriate posting...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 04:15:23 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Kevin Wilson writes:
Matthew Gerber wrote in message ...
Or is that (now moved...again) thread of "general" interest to the • community
at large?

Nope, it's only of interest to people who buy Lego off Brickbay. Not
everyone does, and even if they did, the appropriate area for the discussion
is in the .market heirarchy or on the Brickbay discussion boards.

Not true...I've only used Brickbay once (a very good experience, I've just
not needed anything else)...I never go there normally.

I happen to think that the issue is important to the community in general
(no pun intended), so I added .general to the thread (Josh's original
posting was in .market.brickshops)...I would hope that many other community
members feel the same way, and would be willing to help aid or defend a
fellow community member who provides a good and important service to the
community, whether they personally use it or not.

You'll notice that the thread has drifted in and out of .general as
different people took part, adding or subtracting groups, or replying to
different parts of the thread...and isn't that another part of posting here
at LUGNET? As different people express their thoughts and views, they get to
try to steer the discussion to where they think it appropriate (as long as
it meets the guidelines of the charter(s) for the group(s))...is anyone
begrudging anyone else that right? I certainly hope not!

And I'm
going to sound like a broken record here and say (again) that public message
boards are a *dumb* place to discuss it.

Someone go whack Kev upside the head...he's skipping again...

8?P

Actually, the real talk IS happening via e-mail right now.

Matt