 Administrative / General / 10107
10106  |  10108
Subject:
While we're on a kick of appropriate posting...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 20:04:21 GMT

Is anyone else as bothered by me about lugnet.general appearing to be
used as a "I'm not a Compartmentalized Dork so I'm going to not use
appropriate newsgroups" place? We've got a raging discussion about use
of "bay" going on, plus just so many other things.

What I would personally prefer to see lugnet.general used for (and the
admins and community are free to ignore my opinions of course) is along
the lines of the following:

- discussion of things which just don't have another group (which isn't
many).

- posting of things with very wide appeal (crosspost to the most
appropriate group or two plus general, rather than cross posting to 20
different groups).

Outside of the item with very wide appeal, it doesn't seem to me like
lugnet.general should ever be cross posted to.

Just a thought of mine.

Frank