 Administrative / General / 10111
Re: While we're on a kick of appropriate posting...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 04:55:01 GMT

"Matthew Gerber" <matthew@digitaliris.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.admin.general, Kevin Wilson writes:
Matthew Gerber wrote in message ...
Or is that (now moved...again) thread of "general" interest to the • community
at large?

Nope, it's only of interest to people who buy Lego off Brickbay. Not
everyone does, and even if they did, the appropriate area for the • discussion
is in the .market heirarchy or on the Brickbay discussion boards.

Not true...I've only used Brickbay once (a very good experience, I've just
not needed anything else)...I never go there normally.

I happen to think that the issue is important to the community in general
(no pun intended), so I added .general to the thread (Josh's original
posting was in .market.brickshops)...I would hope that many other • community
members feel the same way, and would be willing to help aid or defend a
fellow community member who provides a good and important service to the
community, whether they personally use it or not.

I gotta agree with Matt here.  This is something of interest to everyone who
uses BrickBay - and not eveyrone visits their forums.  I've only visited
them when this post was pointed out.

I'd like to see the discussion continue in .general and .market.brickshops,
but that's just me.

...until appropriate action is decided upon and taken.  Then we can use
LUGNET to get the word out about such action and end the discussion (unless
new news happens).

Actually, the real talk IS happening via e-mail right now.

Are you involved in more email discussions than just the one with me?  If
so, may I be included in other discussion?  I'd like to keep up with what's
going on, and add my input, if possible.

-Tim