 Administrative / General / 9574
Re: NEW Featured Item at the Yellow Castle Marketplace (week of Oct 8)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 15:46:50 GMT

OK, I admit it. I'm a compartmentalized dork.

I would prefer messages like this (see below) to appear in one group.
Yet, reading the charters for all three groups, there's nothing that
directs Ben to choose one group over the other two, so he posts in all
three.

Larry Pieniazek in http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=9531 is
concerned that posting sales announcements is off charter for
market.brickshops. Yet in my messages
http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=9244 and
http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=9467 I suggested that
market.brickshops was specifically for shop announcements, which I
assumed included sales.

I'm with Larry, and would prefer to see a charter clarification. Here's
my suggestion (new words are delimited with underlines):

market.buy-sell-trade: Community trading post, items wanted, items for
straight sale (no auctions _or third parties like BrickBay_),
experiences, market analysis, etc.

market.brickshops: Discussions _, announcements, sales_ and _other_
informational postings related to personal online LEGO-related "shops"
and third-party buyer/seller services (BrickBay, etc.)

market.shopping:  Retail, mail-order, and _commercial_ online shopping:
information, discussions, experiences, analysis; FOTW's (Find of the
Week), sales, promotions, coupon offers; LEGO Shop-At-Home Service
(phone/flyer specials, availability, etc.); liquidation outlets,
second-hand stores, garage sale tips, etc.

I'm not aware of other groups having clarified charters, but if this
happens, I'd recommend a followup message to group message #1, a message
to .announcements, as well as a change to
http://news.lugnet.com/market/shopping/ and so on. Hey, there's no
curator for these groups, so I'd be happy to do it if you want to
appoint me to take care of this.

Cary

---

Original Post:

"Ben Gatrelle" <ben@yellowcastle.spam.com> wrote in message
I'm introducing a weekly "Featured Item" at the Yellow Castle
Marketplace.

This week's Featured Item is <set:6977> Arachnoid Star Base for $39.99.

Follow this link to go to the featured item.
<http://www.yellowcastle.com/marketplace/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_C
ode=01&Category_Code=NS>

Thanks for looking,
BEN GATRELLE