 Administrative / General / 9467
Re: Brickbay subgroup again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 13:29:56 GMT

Any progress on a decision about lugnet.market.brickshops?

I noticed that recently a few experienced members have advertised their
shops in lugnet.market.shopping. The shopping subgroup doesn't
specifically exclude this. I have gotten used to the posts in shopping
being mostly retail-related, and am a bit disappointed to see BrickBay
advertisements there.

One more advantage to lugnet.market.brickshops is that it would make
clear where BrickBay-related announcements go, rather than splitting
them between buy-sell-trade and shopping.

Cary

"Cary Clark" <cary@corp.nospamwebtv.net> wrote in message
I know this has come up before, but I'd like to request a new group
dedicated to BrickBay. Since BrickBay has its own discussion forum, this
would likely be limited to shop announcements and BrickBay status, for
instance when it is offline or erratic.

I suggest market.brickbay or possibly announce.brickbay (although
follow-ups rarely go to announce.* groups.)

The benefit is that it would allow market.buy-sell-trade to be focused
on transactions that are solely advertised in buy-sell-trade. Currently
the lego marketplace is split into Lego Direct (lego.direct), commercial
(market.shopping), auctions/ebay (market.auction), with the rest
including BrickBay in market.buy-sell-trade. By splitting BrickBay out,
market.buy-sell-trade can be focused more on one-time wants, sales and
trades rather than ongoing store announcements.

OK, I take it all back. I'd like to request a new group dedicated to
brick stores and brick store hosts (so Baylit and future Brickbay
competitors aren't excluded). Maybe lugnet.market.brickshops?

Cary