 Administrative / General / 9579
Re: NEW Featured Item at the Yellow Castle Marketplace (week of Oct 8)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 23:13:16 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Ben Gatrelle writes:

But I thought the whole reason the .brickshops subgroup was created was to
eliminate from .bst all of the post like "My Brickbay shop has new parts" or
"My Brickbay shop is 10% off" plus all of the discussion posts like you want
in .brickshops.

Maybe so but that's not what I am currently advocating. And it's not how the
charter reads. Once you open a charter discussion, you are open to all
charter change suggestions, even ones that take the charter in the opposite
direction from your proposal.

I just think that discussion and flogs don't belong together in the same
group (which I think is a general theory around here, although not 100% of
the time) and I said why already (1). If flogs move there than we either
need a .brickshops.d or we need to move all discussion to .theory. And the
latter will be very hard as it's not a natural name for that sort of discussion.

1 - as a reminder, when I want to know if or why BrickBay is down I can't
post to the BrickBay discussion groups to discuss it! And if Eric needs a
place to post status about his battles with Ameritech, it ought to be a nice
quiet group free of a lot of flog traffic so everyone can see it easily.

++lar