 Trains / 4117
Re: 8 vs. 6 (was: Excited to Finally be here...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 14:50:45 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Just a minor disagreement/clarification...

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:

Model Railroaders are all about external appearances-- I want my
dining car, for instance, to have seating for my minifigs and a galley with a
cook and a restroom with a toilet and sink and a roof that removes so you can
see it all (which mine does).

This is mildly incorrect. There are a lot of old school modelers who detail
everything, INside and out.

*Those* dudes are awesome and the exception, not the rule.  I stand corrected for
my blanket characterization of MRs:-)

Right down to roofs that come off the buildings so
you can see the details, very very tiny lightbulbs illuminating the interiors
of coaches and sleeping cars and so forth.

(and there are some that never detail the inside of anything.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^(Most)

But MR is a broad hobby with a big tent. And so should we be. Squabble in good
fun, yes, but fight? No.

I hope folks don't think that I am fighting.  Just a fun DOO [1].  Actually, I
wouldn't force 8 wide building on anyone because it does require lots of patience
to acquire lots of specialty pieces and they don't come cheap;-)  Not many are
willing to fork out $200-400 for one crummy car.  I know I could part out one of
my passenger cars and sell it for that easily.

-John

[1] Difference Of Opinion. I have never heard that acro before so I am thinking I
just made it up.