 Trains / 4093
Re: 8 vs. 6 (was: Excited to Finally be here...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 18:35:11 GMT

No, no I meant my post as something independent of the stuff you all were
discussing, jesting, about. I just want to know the thought process behind 6
or 8 wide. I have followed several threads but it just isn't clear to me.
The only thing I can figure is people know 6 is too narrow but they just do
it that way "because." I am sure there is something I am missing.
    Maybe it is because you would have to widen the #4553 train wash to fit
a larger vehicle? Maybe it is because people just prefer to build on
prefabricated wagon plates?
    I would just like to understand the thoughts so I can make my own
decision given the information that others base their projects from.

-Nick

Scott E. Sanburn wrote in message <38A04540.7EA9CD36@cleanweb.net>...
Nick & John & All,

I was jesting in fun, no offense to John or anything, I guess I should
have posted to off-topic.fun or something. I think John is a great guy.
I have to experiment a little with the 6 / 8 debate. I have a lot of
trains, I have not done a lot of building with them as of yet.

Scott S.
Scott E. Sanburn-> ssanburn@cleanweb.net
Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> http://www.aeieng.com
Home Page -> http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html