 Trains / 15173
Re: 10020 at brickswest and what the Sr. VP of lego direct said
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 23:39:37 GMT

Price point taken, yes, they would be expensive in the individual packs like
7858 & 7859.  Speaking as a former 12V user, there was that nice little
add-on called 7863.  When I bought my system in 1985 (great year for
American Dollar) in Europe, I bought a pair of the 2 pack manual switches,
7856, and later ordered 7863's from Magasin Du Nord (you think Pitsco/Dacta
is pricey!).

TLG could do the same w/ a 9V version, just offer an accessory pack for
those who want it.  (Except it would be in North America market too!)

--
Adrian Egli
http://www.scltc.org

"Rick Clark" <jrclark@nospam.aol.com> wrote in message
Bryan Kinkel wrote:

<snip>

would much rather pay for a new and improved track system (automated
points!) instead of 8 wide rolling stock...

Don't forget that automated points probably won't come cheap. In olden • (12v)
days, a single automated point cost as much as two manual ones. Will there • be a
market for a single $30 automated point? A layout gets pricey quick!

Rick Clark