 Trains / 15174
Re: transcript is up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 23:35:40 GMT

Scott A wrote:

In lugnet.trains, Bryan Kinkel writes:
Couple of questions and observations...

1. A & B units - I assume a "B" unit is a non-passenger / non-cargo unit
that drives behind the main engine?  Correct? So on
http://www.midwestnpioneer.org/timetable/fallenflags/superchief.html

the B unit is the second unit in the first graphic.

2. Has it been determined if the 10020 windows are true round windows or
stickers? It is tough to tell from

But it looks like printed panels on

I'm pretty sure stickers were mentioned in a post on Monday.

The portholes are 2x2 clear thinwalls that have been printed red or grey.  The #
tile is printed.  The Santa Fe graphics are stickers.

3. If LD were to produce a Sante Fe parts service pack, it would seem to me
a service pack would need to also have gray wheels and the gray engine sides
along with the window port panels. I would purchase multiple copies of the
expansion set just for the gray wheels and engine sides.

I think the service pack will provide the parts to change the engine into
the b-unit - *not* provide the essential b-unit parts you mention... but I'd
rather it was your way.

Ditto, but I don't mind buying multiple 10020s to build other cars.