 Trains / 15238
Re: 10020 limited to 10000 sets or not?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 14:08:55 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:
I understood it as Mark did.  Personally, after 10,000, I rather see a
*different* engine run of 10,000 and have the Super Chief go out of
production for a while (based on the fact that LD can only have so many
different sets in production at any given time)

In lugnet.trains, Ace Kim writes:
i agree with this sentiment. in my mind limited edition in the case of the
super chief is a short production run of 10,000 and NO MORE. what's the
point of having a LIMITED EDITION if only a second run is going to be made
with the only difference being a numbered tile?!?!

Personally, I don't think 10000 is all that limited.  I mean, even after
Larry's placed his order[1] there'll still be plenty to go around.  What
production run would you expect of a set like this?

I'm not a huge fan of forced 'collectibility', but clearly I've fallen hook,
line, sinker, rod and copy of 'Angling Times' for this one.  I'd rather Lego
Direct just kept producing fantastic sets at great prices.  I can put up
with the marketing machinery for a while, but this could get tiresome if
they come to rely on limited editions - particularly if a more limited run
is ever used as an excuse to hike the price up.

Still, let's have a decent British steam locomotive next, eh?

Jason J Railton

[1] :)[2]

[2] ;)