 Trains / 15170
Re: 10020 limited to 10000 sets or not?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 23:01:58 GMT

Mark Rideout wrote:

In lugnet.trains, Ahui Herrera writes:
I just finsihed the transcitps the of Q&A with Brad Justin at Brickswest.
On the question of 10,000.  This is what he said.

Question 39: How limied (on train engine) is limited?

Answer: "It's a seriesm of 10,000.  We run out of the numbered ones at
10,000 and then will we see how it goes."

***************
From my understand of this I'm taking it that if the demand for engines
after the first 10,000 is still high they might make more but these next
'batch' MAY NOT be numbered!  Anyone else at brickswest want to comment on
this. -AHui

That is how I also heard it. My interpretation was that *IF* any more were
produced, they would not be numbered (this was not implied one way or
another, just my interpretation\opinion.)

I understood it as Mark did.  Personally, after 10,000, I rather see a
*different* engine run of 10,000 and have the Super Chief go out of production
for a while (based on the fact that LD can only have so many different sets in
production at any given time)

-John(#2)  ;-)

-Mark (#2)