 Trains / 15101
Re: 10020 at brickswest and what the Sr. VP of lego direct said
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 17:29:17 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
In lugnet.trains, Ahui Herrera writes:
"We will not rule
anything out" and "no comment, but don't expect it anytime soon."

Well, we've had this debate before. I want big wheels too. But the curves
need fixing. We need two radii so that parallel tracks look better.

Agree. Only in my priority list it's quite far down.

We need
the turnout/switch geometry fixed so you can do a proper diverge and a
proper crossover.

Some lines above the curve radius.

We need shorter straight segments to make odd layouts work
correctly.

YES! Maybe this would be even my number one wish.

If rumors/VPs are now in effect saying "wait... we're working on it" instead
of "ain't gonna happen any time soon, market isn't big enough" that is huge
news. News of success.

Again: this is really great news. If they are going to work on new curves, new
short track sections might follow as next.

Regards,

Ben

(I think TLC should be somewhat more systematic in developing new parts: I'm
waiting for a corner brick for the rounded roof part. And I need the double
sloped roof brick in 75° for inner corners - there are dozens of such none
existing parts that would fill blank areas in a systematic parts reference
table).