 Trains / 15108
Re: Santa Fe Super Chief Train Engine Registry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 22:49:01 GMT

In lugnet.announce, James Trobaugh writes:
You can visit the registry at:

http://www.ngltc.org/sfregistry.htm

Great job, well done. Some constructive criticism:

Some of the fields look a bit cramp to me. Approximately how many characters
are available for "Owner Name" before the tail is visualy cut off in the list?

"Country" seems to be a little short also, are we supposed to fill in the
official international abbreviations for country names? For instance: GB for
Great Brittan, F for France, G for Germany, NL for The Netherlands?

To keep the list neat and tidy, I believe you should provide some more
formatting instructions for the users on your site.
I'm thinking about: Skip the character when you fill in the "Sequence
Number", the "Country" and what to do with "State/Provence" in case you're
from outside Australia, USA, Canada and other massive states, should we
leave the field blank or fill in a code meaning "does not apply here" ?

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.