 Trains / 15400
Re: Santa Fe Super Chief Train Engine Registry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 20:45:19 GMT

Just Conjecture but...

Brad Justus at BricksWest indicated that the first 10,000 units of the set
10020 were "limited edition" sets with the numbers specific for each set, the
subject of the registry now going on. He indicated that the Super Chief set
would continue beyond this as a set without the designation "limited edition."
Don't quote me on this, but that was my understanding. He also indicated that
they would be available in the Lego Outlets and stores eventually.

I am assuming this and basing this on nothing other than complete conjecture,
but it seems reasonable that there will be regular sets available at the stores
but not necessarily the "limited edition" sets. Call me crazy but I think by
the time this set gets into Lego Retail Outlets, the 10,000 "limited edition"
units will be gone.

Does anyone have any idea what the typical production run of a LEGO Set is? I
believe that it must exceed 10,000 by a fairly large margin. After all, if you
place one set in every Target, K-Mart, KB Toys, Toys-R-Us, Wal-Mart, etc. will
you not have at least 10,000 there?

The conjecture is mine.

Todd