 Trains / 15216
Re: Santa Fe Super Chief Train Engine Registry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 20:52:33 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:

"James J. Trobaugh" wrote:

Well the updating of the list will be a manual process at this point, so
I'll handle the formatting of the data once it arrives (for now). As this
project takes off I'll probally be adding more of an automated process and
will make the fields a bit more intuitive as the days go by.

I don't know about skipping the character at this point, we don't know
really what the number sceme will be, so the character might be an important
part of the unique number. I figure that more information will be better
than less.

As for the countries, I plan on adding a combo box with country selection to
keep it simple and to keep it consistant.

Thanks for the input, I'll put it all to go use as the week goes on....and I
have time

Hey JT-

As I was building an 8 wide version of the Super Chief, I got to thinking-- since
my sets will be kit-bashed-- maybe it would be fun to include a place on the
registry as to when the particular SC in question got scrapped:-)

Good idea. Some of mine are gonna be scrapped the day they arrive... (I have
a mind to try an Alco PA ish variant)

Also probably want to correctly credit the Santa Fe "circle plus sign" logo,
the chief drumhead and other decorative material as trade dress of the ATSF
Railway, a predecessor railway of BNSF, as was noted in another thread.