 Trains / 15401
Re: GFLTC at SMRC Palmetto Train Show w Super Chief
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 21:16:46 GMT

In lugnet.events, Scott Arthur writes:

| Super Chief pics are
| http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=127740
| http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=127741
| http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=127742
| Word of warning, don't run the Super Chief round a corner fast especially
if
| it is coming down a small incline.  See third pic.

Where was the power coming from, I can't see a motor in the 10020 - this may
had added to the situation/problem?

The power came from the coach right after the second Super Chief and that
did contribute to the problem as the Super Chief is a little top heavy and a
motor would help in stability.

| KK's Eckerd Drug Store (latest creation)
| http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=127734
| (separate detailed posting to follow in .town later)

Great MOC. I like the construction works in the the background. Esp the
powered tower crane:

I assume it is only rotaion which is powered?
Scott A
Yes, at this point only rotation is powered but I do intend to make a more
complex and realistic tower crane which will be RCX controlled.  However,
just the rotation alone added to the interactivity of the display.

Thanks for your comments !
KK