 Trains / 12284
  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) advantage (...) allow (...) that (...) And what about the "normal" people who go into their dark ages? Lots of people know about the secondary market for used Lego toys and they do benefit by selling their used stuff. I think high prices for (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) if (...) Lego (...) Sorry for answering on my own posting, but I just have got an interesting picture, which I have uploaded at brickshelf right now: (URL) is another typical example for the new Lego quality standard, which I was refering to. (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote in message ... (...) was LOL! I *want* that minifig head! Kevin ---...--- Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: (URL) Lego parts store: (URL) Lego auctions: (URL) Guild of Bricksmiths: (URL) Lego Web page: (URL) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

Ben, Are changing your argument against re-releases from an issue of collectability to an issue of quality control??? Yes, we have seen problems with production runs of train bases, some alleged printing smudgy-ness on 10000 flags, Indian horses in (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) Oh THAT! That's the new minifig 'Internet emoticon' editon head. Look for more to come, including: ; ) : P : D (...) And more! (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) No - he's not chaning his argument, he's just adding new ones as new info comes available. I was about to post about the latest bad quality on .lego.direct but Ben has beaten me by a few hours and mentioned it on this thread about Legends. (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct) !!

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) Sounds like you're complaining about a loss of nostalgia. I think you're in the minority, though. People who have the original set will feel a bit slighted, but people who don't have it feel like they're receiving a gift from Lego. That's just (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

To All, (...) That is a very interesting notion. I saved up and bought the Metroliner when it first came out, and I still have it today, and I love it too death. However, just because it is coming out in a new form, does not mean I lost that memory. (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

<SNIP!> The only complaint/issue that I have with the Legends/re-issue/Direct merchandise is that I have to figure out (a) what I want, (b) what I need and (c) which will be unavailable to me later as a Direct purchase item?!? I LOVE that the (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) Well, I don't know about a "majority" opinion, but I am a Lugnet member and I think the quality control issue is a VERY big issue. I am not so hopped up about the issue of how the elements are actually molded, my bigger issue remains the (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) Wow! If the piece wasn't malformed/misshapen, I'd pay big money to buy that head! Obviously not the response you were hoping for. :^) I can't judge from the photos how bad the printing on the torsos of the figures is. I've been hoping that the (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) Wow, that strikes me as as a little strange. Seeing the set re-released shouldn't damage your nostalgia for the set. All those happy memories are still there! I bought a metroliner off the shelf in 1995. It was getting rare at the time - it (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

I think Ben is right. first of all, lego should stop juniorizing their new sets, let alone their vastly popular train sets. i think the 9v train sets were great, up until the 4560-or the US version the 4561. the 4559 looked ok, but with alittle (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) Wait a minute. I thought lego IS reproducing the metroliner. Isn't it and the club car the August Lego Legends? Or did I miss something??? (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) Umm, yes. They are re-releaseing these sets. And you probably are missing SOMETHING if you own any LEGO or have ever bought large quantities of said brick. What I want to know, is when are the Collector Pirate sets coming out!? Any info I may (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) Well Joe, thats a good start for the GNYLTC. I expect your membership to steadily grow and thrive.-Harvey (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) Lego is reproducing these GREAT SETS?(4558 and 4547)? will there be any packaging or differences to the trains that are visible?where can i get more info on these new sets? Joe Franco (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) There might be some minor packaging differences, but the set itself should be exactly the same compared to the 1992 Metroliner. Same thing goes for the club car as well. I am now scambling to get off my unemployed ass and start scraping up (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) Ha Ha. Very funny. :-) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) The new sets tend to come out in black/white boxes with new set numbers. I think that is beyond minor differences. (...) We will probably see differences in minifig elements (when was the new torso and head introduced?) as well as differences (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) one from our sets. If it's an important part we phone LEGO and get another. It happens. I get a bad or chewed part in 1 in 25 sets on average. That's less then 1% error. (That is the commonly accepted failure rate for electronics) So in this (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) Dean (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  GREAT serive (was: Another Legend dies)

(...) Well, I have to add that the Consumer Service is not only *usually* okay - it certainly rocks and is the best Consumer Service I have ever heard of! Of course I am sad about missing elements and defected parts - but the two pieces I claimed (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: GREAT serive (was: Another Legend dies)

(...) Now *THAT'S* what I call customer service!! {:^D (I wonder if they would give me a ride to the airport next week?) -John (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) [snip] (...) You've (...) Sorry Dean, but that sound like the ancient Roman method to me: kill the bringer of the bad news and "solve" a problem by doing so. If I loose my credibility, because I collect a few pictures of bad parts, that has to (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)