 Space / 32248
Re: Trainhead gives space a whirl
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 15:13:48 GMT

In lugnet.space, Gil Shaw wrote:

   I played with it a bit myself:

Viatrans space semi

Standard Container Module

Yes! I totally hacked your design, and I couldn’t remember after the fact where I’d hacked from.

   This container is a little longer than yours, but I think that your shorter version makes more sense from a stacking/moving point of view, and to allow a greater variety of colour and cargo. The incorporation of numbers on the sides looks excellent as well. My thought was to eventually put custom decals on the sides as corporate logos...using some other spacers ‘corporations’.

Yeah, I have a strange attraction to the numbers.

   Perhaps a container size/connection standard would be a fun thing to explore...get some other builders designing with it in mind?

This would be terrific. That’s what I’m hoping for. I like the design of this style of container, but I think a bit smaller might make more sense. Also, I used the axles just because of the mounting design I used inside the warehouse (the pins didn’t hold the top containers like I’d hoped). I will probably try to redesign this after the upcoming show. I like the idea of using pings much better than axles.

One other cool thing about this container size is that it butts up against the Moonbase corridors perfectly. You can imagine containers hanging off empty connectors on a display where modules aren’t hooked into other modules.

Anyone else have any ideas?

   Looking forward to the other creations.

Yeah.... me too... I’m running out of time before our show!

   Welcome to .space...where no one can hear you giggle like someone giggling about being in .space

Heh, thanks! And thanks for the inspiration!

Jake

---
Jake McKee
Webmaster - BIP