 Space / 32245
Re: Trainhead gives space a whirl
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 13:55:43 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jake McKee wrote:

decided to build one of my own.

Apollo Lander Moonbase module

This is fun...and a great look with the down-set connector attached by the stairwell.

   Behold... space based intermodal! > http://www.bricksonthebrain.com/photoblog/index.cfm?action=thumbs&gallery=39

Now this is just plain marvy. I love the concept of space freight, and the intermodal has interested me for a long time. The warehouse with the central loading track is spot on and incorporates something that’s big with me now...practical playability. I can easily see ‘kids’ moving freight on and off hover carriers, freighters etc...now that’s fun stuff.

I played with it a bit myself:

Viatrans space semi

Standard Container Module

This container is a little longer than yours, but I think that your shorter version makes more sense from a stacking/moving point of view, and to allow a greater variety of colour and cargo. The incorporation of numbers on the sides looks excellent as well. My thought was to eventually put custom decals on the sides as corporate logos...using some other spacers ‘corporations’.

Perhaps a container size/connection standard would be a fun thing to explore...get some other builders designing with it in mind?

Looking forward to the other creations.

Welcome to .space...where no one can hear you giggle like someone giggling about being in .space

-Gil