 Space / 32253
Re: Trainhead gives space a whirl
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 16:08:35 GMT

Delurk On

Snippage

   Perhaps a container size/connection standard would be a fun thing to explore...get some other builders designing with it in mind?

I have pondered the idea of containers in the past and thought that it would be cool if they were compatible with the moonbase standard for hallways. The idea being that given the cost of maufacturing shipping the container vs the cost of transporting the empty back to be re-used would be cost prohibitive and large numbers would be available for other uses.

The short version is moonbase components that can be shipped by transport and train.

If the conainers were of the right dimensions they could be used to expand the moonbase. The conainers would need to have ends the were removable using pins in the same location as the hallways for the moonbase.

They wouldn’t necessarily be used on every moonbase section but the abundance of a “free” building material might make them attractive to some builders.

Just some thoughts Mike