 Space / 32257
Re: Trainhead gives space a whirl
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 16:55:14 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jake McKee wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Rob Hendrix wrote:

   Ewwwwwwwwww... 8 wide!!!! *yuck!*

Ha! I didn’t even think about that... John Neal will be so proud!

I am very proud of you, Jake! :-) For your wonderful creation, and your great idea. I love the warehouse-- very “industrial” looking, very convincing.

And I love the idea of playing with intermodal containers and having a “standard”. What I have found most intriguing about the Moonbase Project (I, another LTD, actually took the time to build a module myself) is that it is a “futuristic” world that has all of the present day stuff in it, but with spacesuits and rockets and airlocks:-) Reminds me of the Sci-Fi of the 50’s-- very quaint and fun!

At BrickFest PDX train track was introduced on the modules. I foresee not an intermodal spaceship carrying around the containters (too futuristic), but a futuristic-looking intermodal train carrying around those containers. Oh, baby:-) That would make any Moonbase train much more colorful than one merely carrying around mined moonrocks (but would be good as well).

I had already decided to try my hand at a Moonbase train after BF PDX; now I think I’m going to incorporate your ideas as well!

Great work, Jake!

Schleim On, John