 Space / 30172
Re: New MOCs- long post
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.build.military
Date:
Sat, 10 Jan 2004 04:29:57 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Soren Roberts wrote:
   Well, I’m back. Here’s some of the stuff I built over the last few months:

Another exercise in excessive greebling.

A small Pirate fighter.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=68113 Enjoy!

Soren

The rest of the stuff aside from the two above...I don’t really have much feelings for. To be blunt, I don’t like your aircraft, largely because they seem so heavily studded and plain. Some of the military stuff is decent, especially that very nice little gunturret/observation platform (Any chance of an MLCad file for it?). However..your new “Pirate Sty1e” is simply gorgeous. I first mistook the Harrower for a capship photographed at a distance, then for a microscale capship, and then finally began to let myself hope that it might even be a fighter..before seeing the picture of the cockpit. That fighter is one of the very very few I’ve ever seen that lacks a viewport/canopy in the conventional sense. It has a very strong “Homeworld” feel to it, and the color choice is powerful. With the exception of some elements of the cockpit, some very very subtle angles/bricks that seem off, I have to consider it to be the most perfect fighter posted on Brickshelf in quite some time. The corvette doesn’t quite follow the same style, but I’m dying to see a continuation of the theme, perhaps even some sort of comic-book exploration of the universe a la Daniel Jassim. And we can’t possibly let you get away with making that capship and not providing photos of the interior :P Absolutely stunning work, as always. Hope to see more soon!