 Space / 30173
Re: New MOCs- long post
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.build.military
Date:
Sat, 10 Jan 2004 07:04:45 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jonathan Mizner wrote:

SNIP

   very nice little gunturret/observation platform (Any chance of an MLCad file for it?).

Wha...? I don’t think I’ve ever built anything like that. Link?

I don’t use any Lego CAD software. If anyone makes a Mac program, let me know.

   However..your new “Pirate Style” is simply gorgeous.

Well, get the bricks out and build some Pirates! Thanks. I’m hoping to work the Pirates up into a fan-theme of their own.

   I first mistook the Harrower for a capship photographed at a distance, then for a microscale capship, and then finally began to let myself hope that it might even be a fighter..before seeing the picture of the cockpit. That fighter is one of the very very few I’ve ever seen that lacks a viewport/canopy in the conventional sense. It has a very strong “Homeworld” feel to it, and the color choice is powerful. With the exception of some elements of the cockpit, some very very subtle angles/bricks that seem off, I have to consider it to be the most perfect fighter posted on Brickshelf in quite some time.

Thanks. I don’t own Homeworld, but I like the style; the Homeworld craft were an inspiration for a lot of the Pirate craft, especially the color layout.

I generally don’t give Pirate craft viewports (or at least not big ones). I’m trying for the antithesis of PCS: Thick, blocky and vicious.

   The corvette doesn’t quite follow the same style, but I’m dying to see a continuation of the theme, perhaps even some sort of comic-book exploration of the universe a la Daniel Jassim.

Cool. I’ve toyed aroung with the idea, but until my life settles down a bit, you’ll have to content yourself with MOC photos.

   And we can’t possibly let you get away with making that capship and not providing photos of the interior :P

Ah, but you see, there isn’t an interior beyond the conning tower. That darn Fold System Cluster takes up too much space...

   Absolutely stunning work, as always. Hope to see more soon!

Well, I’m not finished with the Space Pirates yet. I’ve got plans for a couple more ships at least.

Soren Roberts, Pirate Guildmaster