 Space / 30129
Re: New MOCs- long post
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.build.military
Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 20:57:31 GMT

Hey Soren!

What can I say but 'You're the man!'. Sorry for the late reply but its better
late then never, right?

I really enjoy your models, I think most probably because of the boldness of
their design - especially in your SNOT, combat and scanner systems and other
large greebs. You have some great ideas (can I see some Mladen Pejic influence
in there?) and I have been eagerly awaiting your next pirate cruiser since your
last one.

The Farstrike is absolutely beautiful! I love its utilitarian lines and the way
that the two major hull sections are seperated by greebling. The colour scheme
is great, especially the use of different colours in the greebs. The combat
systems are excellent and I especially love the white scanner pods under the
bow.

Actually, the use of white with the light grey seems to fit very nicely but I'm
still not sure how I like it with the yellow. The greebs are excellent but I
found that the section behind the bridge seemed a bit like it didn't flow with
the same feel as the other greebs. I also love the masts that extend out/astern.
And the bridge mast is very cool.

Only one big problem though - can we get some interior pics?

The pirate fighter fits in well with the feel of the farstrike but at first I
thought it was a microfig scale ship. Perhaps it is the lack of obvious canopy
that does it...

That's about all I have to say. You've really inspired me so I may have to tear
down all of my existing models to go and start on a new space cruiser!

Stay spacey, and keep up the good work,

Zac Soden