 Space / 30100
Re: New MOCs- long post
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.build.military
Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 2004 21:13:07 GMT

In lugnet.space, David Rabadan wrote:
   In lugnet.announce.moc, Soren Roberts wrote:
   Well, I’m back. Here’s some of the stuff I built over the last few months:

Soren, dude! Where to start?

Both the Hawker Howler MKII and the Ceti Republic Cougar II Main Battle Tank are great.

Thanks. The Howler was inspired by a jet aircraft from “Wings of Honneamise”. If you can find it, it’s a great film.

The Cougar II has existed, in one form or another, for almost a year now. Building two identical tanks was pretty frickin’ challenging.

   A nasty-looking MBT.

I like the Suspensor Tank idea.

Yeah, I figured Lenny’s Elefant needed a sparring partner.

   A little PCS Hovertank.

A low-orbit fighter.

This fighter is awesome! I think it could be more than just a low orbit fighter. Adding thruster pods and other accesories would make it a great space fighter. It looks to me like a cross between a Starfox and a VF01 from Macross.

Thanks. It was inspired by the YF-21 from Macross Plus.

I don’t think it would make a very good space fighter. I like to experiment with new and bizarre shapes for non-atmospheric craft.

   Another exercise in excessive greebling.

A small Pirate fighter.

Redesigned better than ever, a Main Battle Landmate.

For the love of all that is holy in the universe! I am sooo impressed with this one (can you tell I like it?) This is definitelly your best in my opinion. Can you show some more pics of it open? I would love to see how a minifig fits in.

Thanks! I’ve been “evolving” this design for a long time, adding new weapons and rebuilding sections until I got it right. Glad ya like it.

Soren