 Pirates / 1475
Re: (Non-LEGO) Recommendation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 18:13:45 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

  Do you know where any .jpgs are located?  I'd love to see them
  cobbling together some 15th-C. ships.  I do know there are a few
  replicas of Columbus's ships already floating around out there
  (quite literally!), so I wonder if these will vary from those
  at all...

  ...The Santa Maria was by far the largest of the ships, and I've
  only ever seen pictures of the Niña, but MAN that was tiny.

Sorry it took me so long to respond (I've been away from the net for about a
week).  Here are a few links:

I was suprised to have little luck finding much on the web.  I've enclosed 3
articles from the Corpus Christi Caller Times - it seems that the city has had
trouble maintaing the ships, and is now looking for another home for them.

http://www.caller.com/attract/colum.htm
http://www.caller.com/1999/october/19/today/business/1785.html
http://www.caller.com/2000/april/25/today/editoria/5854.html

Here is a link regarding the Nina which isn't related to the Corpus Christi
exhibit:

http://www.thenina.com/index.html

james